So, I have been a very busy girl this summer, but I wanted to keep all of you updated on what has been going on in our lives. So I'll start with our trip to San Diego. We took this trip with Nate's parents for his cousin, Lindsay's, wedding. The wedding was beautiful and it was great to see Lindsay and her new hubby so happy. While we were there we also spent a day at the San Diego Zoo. Nate and I have been there before, but it was a first for his parents and brother.
Created with Admarket's flickrSLiDR.
As summer began and June passed, we decided to go to Yosemite with two of our closest friends, Troy and Jenna. We all wanted to hike some waterfalls, so our first fall was virtually small, but still gorgeous. We made our way to Yosemite Valley and had a picnic lunch. As we sat and ate we enjoyed the scenery and fed a sweet little squirrel. Little did we know that feeding them is against the law, and if caught doing it, you must pay a $1,000 fine. Oops! We ended our day with hiking Vernal Falls. If you haven't had the chance to do this, it is absolutely AMAZING! Nate and I had already hiked this waterfall, but we did it again for Troy and Jenna. This hike is tough and long, but it was totally worth it. At the top is a huge "pool" of water that is made from snow run off. Cold right? Well, not for Troy. Even though it is clearly stated not to swim here, Troy did anyway. We had a great time, and made some great memories. Dirty buggers and all!
Created with Admarket's flickrSLiDR.
Mid July came and we went on our trip to Santa Cruz with Nate's parents. We spent alot of time at the beach, went shopping, watched movies, went to the Boardwalk, and relaxed. The Boardwalk was a lot of fun. We got wristbands that got us on to any ride we wanted. I even got Nate and Becky on the Ferris wheel! We rode Nate's favorite ride a few times... the bumper cars. It was like we were kids again. The weather was beautiful there, and we lived it up considering it was averaging 106 in Fresno that week!
Created with Admarket's flickrSLiDR.
While in Santa Cruz, our last night there, my best friend Marnie went in to labor! She was in labor for 27 hours! I was texting her husband and mom all night, and finally around 5:55 am the next morning I got the text letting us know that Bryson had arrived. All 9 pounds 21 inches of him. We got home that afternoon and went right over to the hospital to meet the little guy. He is amazing and beautiful. I just can't get enough of him. Welcome to the world baby Bryson. Auntie Kara and Uncle Nate love you bud!
Created with Admarket's flickrSLiDR.
Once the last week of July hit we were off on our last trip of the summer to our favorite true vacation spot... Cayucos. We went with my family and stayed in the usual little yellow beach house as always. We went to the beach every day, Nate golfed and actually had a good time, played polbie (a new game that consists of 2 polls, a frisbee, and two bottles), and boggie boarded for hours and hours. Yes, not only do we young peeps boogie, but so do my parents and aunt and uncle. Awesome!
Created with Admarket's flickrSLiDR.
Summer is truly my favorite time of year. With Nate and I both being teachers and having the summers off together it is something I look forward to every year. Our school year is always so busy, but summer allows us to just hang out and be together. There is no one I would rather spend a life time of summers with than my hubby. We are very lucky!
Tuesday, August 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment